Virtual Prospecting & Persuasive Telesales
Virtual Prospecting & Persuasive Telesales (VPPT)
[Virtual Instructor-Led 4 Half Days]
Prospecting is the art of deciding which customers are worth pursuing and which discard. The sooner you realize it, the better it is.
In IT Sales, you can shortlist good-fit customers while prospecting by asking the right IT sales qualification questions to all of your prospects.
Your prospects are busy and don’t like interruptions. Competitors flood their mailboxes with uninteresting messages. With proper research and tailored messaging, credibility is gained instantly, setting immediate competitive differentiation. With TalSmart’s Virtual Prospecting & Persuasive Telesales training, you will elevate your messaging and delivery for telephone, email, and social media conversations. You will learn proven techniques for building relevant rapport using psychological techniques, enabling you to grow your revenue!
Prospectors, also known as sales development reps (SDRs) or business development reps (BDRs) can help achieve predictable ROI by creating a steady stream of opportunities for account executives.
Below is the (L)earning path divided into 4 days
The new reality: buyers take over the sales process
Today’s buyers have become very independent and are playing “hard to get”.
Before making any contact with a salesperson, buyers are doing a bit of prospecting of their own.
According to a recent study by CSO Insights, 45% (almost half!) of prospects admitted they wanted to evaluate their needs and look for solutions themselves, before contacting any salesperson.
And how do they do that? Yes, you guessed it right – the Internet! A staggering 95% of B2B buyers research companies online before making purchases. And 53% of B2B buyers turn to social media to make buying decisions.
What it all means is that salespeople are losing their grasp on the sale. It seems like they are no longer in the picture, and that’s a bit scary for the future of sales professionals.
This means that you, as a salesperson, have all the chances to influence the sale and steer it to the right direction in the early stages. So how do you do that?
- The first thing you need to do is be there for a buyer when they need you. The research shows that it is during the consideration stage (after having researched and shortlisted the options) that 60% of B2B buyers want to contact a sales rep.
- Another way of taking hold of the sales wheel is by simply initiating the first contact! As 50% of buyers choose the vendor that reaches out or responds to them first. Reaching out is all that is needed for more than 85% of buyers to say “yes” to a meeting with a sales rep.
To make contact with sales suspects – buyers who may or may not be potential customers for your business – there are a number of popular tools and tactics you can use, including:
- Email – designed to share information and entice the recipient to take an action that will identify them as a prospect
- Phone calls – designed to initiate a discussion with the individual who answers the phone
- Automated voicemail messages – designed to try and persuade the listener to take action to get more information, such as by visiting a website or making a phone call
- Direct mail – sent in the mail as flyers, postcards, or catalogs, for example, designed to share information that may entice you to consider buying
Why B2B Sales Prospecting Needs More Attention Than You Think
Because prospecting activities and performance directly correlate with top-line revenue, it counts among the most important processes in every for-profit organization. But because it often seems tedious and intrusive, prospecting also ranks among the most dreaded tasks of sales professionals. That means it needs a strategy.
The number one benefit of strategic prospecting is increased revenue at a lower cost of acquisition. Every prospect in your sales pipeline that converts to a customer helps you grow your business. To convert more prospects into customers, you need to focus on your prospecting efforts and perfecting your processes. Which is why strategic prospecting is so important.
your questions 24/7