Compensation: Base is $80K-$120K + Commission
Our client is headquartered at Piscataway, NJ, a globally trusted provider of market research and digital experience solutions. They ranked at No. 60 among the fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™, and at No. 170 on Inc’s 37th annual Inc. 5000 list.
They are trusted by the world’s leading brands, top consulting firms and research advisory companies for their research and analytics needs. With 9 offices across 6 countries spanning 4 continents, the team has executed market research and digital experience projects in 100+ markets and in 35+ languages, with a focus on complex multi-country projects requiring cross-border capabilities.
Their research service offering spans the entire life-cycle of a typical research project – including programming and hosting services, quant, and qual data collection using digital (online/mobile), traditional (phone, in-person) and new-age (Virtual Reality) methodologies, data processing, and data visualization services. Additionally, they have custom-built technology tools and platforms to enable the execution of complex global projects at scale.
They are among the few MR service organizations that hold the triple ISO certification (ISO 20252, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001) while running MR operations that are 100% compliant with ESOMAR, MRS, and Insight Association guidelines.
ABOUT THE JOB
Bid managers are responsible for creating and overseeing a bid – a detailed, costed, persuasive proposal – on behalf of one organization to gain a business contract from the clients.
A bid manager’s role will be to ensure that bids are successful at a price at which their organization can make a profit.
The bid manager role will be a stand-alone position and will involve undertaking the entire bidding process.
- Manage the bid review process to ensure the most effective and efficient sales strategies are adopted, solutions are developed for each opportunity.
- Act as a key interface point for the sales teams.
- Enable, lead and coach individual pre-sales team members to ensure their targets are exceeded.
- Create clear client centric vision, strategy and goals that create business impact.
- Creating and managing partner network for bids, project executing and quality of service.
- Prepare cost estimates through proper pricing structures and write proposals. Articulate solution and benefits in the proposal documents and presentations.
- Maintain & improve on RFQ conversion rate across all accounts.
- Work closely with all departments to identify and develop new services, along with the appropriate pricing strategy. Frequently update documents such as panel book, feasibility tool, rate cards, etc.
- Work collaboratively with sales leads, delivery heads, vendors in different countries to sell the overall solution to customers.
- Demonstrate skills in customer-centric selling, supporting the sales team in closing deals by providing technical and functional support.
- Manage excellent relationship with customers, vendors and other key stake holders.
- +3 years- of experience in pre-sales or service delivery and vendor/proposal management in Market Research domain.
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end Market Research service offerings specifically online panels & data collection in North America & Europe.
- Understanding of managed services business and the significance of SLAs, SOPs, periodic reporting, and escalation matrices.
- In-depth understanding of commercials and pricing models for Market Research industry.
- Prior Experience in handling prospects, vendors, customers/clients across the globe.
- Should have exposure to manage salesforce or similar software used for bid/sales management.