BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, Market Research
Compensation: Base is $80K-$120K + Commission
Our client is headquartered at Piscataway, NJ, a globally trusted provider of market research and digital experience solutions. They ranked among the fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™, and on Inc’s 37th annual Inc. 5000 list.
They are trusted by the world’s leading brands, top consulting firms and research advisory companies for their research and analytics needs. With 9 offices across 6 countries spanning 4 continents, the team has executed market research and digital experience projects in 100+ markets and in 35+ languages, with a focus on complex multi-country projects requiring cross-border capabilities.
Their research service offering spans the entire life-cycle of a typical research project – including programming and hosting services, quant and qual data collection using digital (online/mobile), traditional (phone, in-person) and new-age (Virtual Reality) methodologies, data processing and data visualization services. Additionally, they have custom-built technology tools and platforms to enable execution of complex global projects at scale.
They are among the few MR service organizations that hold the triple ISO certification (ISO 20252, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001) while running MR operations that are 100% compliant with ESOMAR, MRS and Insight Association guidelines.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Business Development Manager is an individual contributor who will identify, develop, build, and deliver business development sales targets for our client.
This includes prospect identification, lead generation, sales engagements, managing the sales cycle, proposal presentations, and contract negotiation through to deal closure.
The individual is expected to meet established sales goals while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our clients.
+ Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- To onboard new clients and also manage and grow existing clients business.
- Pro-actively hunt for target organizations & establish communications with those businesses that can benefit from our client’s solutions and services.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Establish strong professional relationships with key client decision makers.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients.
- Draw up client contracts.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Keep records of sales, invoices, and deliverables.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update marketing strategies.
- Draft business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Work with internal Technical Sales Engineers, Sales Development Resources and other departments as needed to close sales.
- Coordinate with relevant business units and other key departments to ensure timely completion and submission of pre-qualification documents.
+ Minimum 3 years of experience in Presales/Sales in the Market research industry for Data Collection projects.
+ Exposure to North American Market.
+ Impactful Presentation skills and ability to make case studies, company presentations, and service presentations to Clients and 3rd parties.