Corporate Account Executive
Compensation: $220K to $300K
This position is responsible for generating revenue for Clients through the sale of Client solutions to prospects and existing clients. This role will target accounts in the Midmarket (organizations with revenues between $250M and $1B). Develop strategies and plans to penetrate a defined territory and targeted accounts. This will include navigating through an organization to leverage Client solutions as an enterprise-wide, global value proposition. Responsible for understanding customer business and service requirements to develop tailored Client solutions. This includes the development of long-term relationships with clients as well as the development of account plans for new relationships. Target accounts include new and existing clients within an assigned territory. Works under minimal supervision, exhibiting wide latitude for independent judgment on complex opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate revenue for Clients by selling Client solutions in a defined geographic territory. Includes managing sales opportunities, targeting specific accounts, and overall territory management.
- Responsible for proposal preparation, negotiating all aspects of the proposed solution, and closing business.
- Drive opportunities at the strategic and tactical level by selling the enterprise-wide value proposition associated with Client solutions to the highest levels within our client’s organizations.
- Includes establishing relationships with key client and partner contacts and selling into complex, multi-department enterprises.
- Understand the client’s requirements, direction, and strategic vision of tax by building client relationships at the highest levels of all business areas, providing valuable input that influences their vision and tactics, and developing plans to assist them in achieving their goals. Developing and responding to RFPs, developing joint proposals with Client Consulting, and fostering relationships/partnerships between Client, client(s), and/or partners.
- Present client specific, tailored client solutions by working with client contacts to understand business, tax, and technical requirements. Work with Sales Engineers to develop and perform professional presentations tailored to client requirements. Work with key client contacts to help sell the Client’s value proposition throughout their organization.
- Track and manage territory activity: Develop, implement, and monitor territory lead generation activities as needed to support quota/territory goals. Accurately forecasting sales pipeline on an ongoing basis. Make use of CRM tool to track key data associated with sales opportunities and pipeline.
- Enhance job knowledge by staying abreast of client-related news and developments, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; developing and/or maintaining proficiency in the latest productivity and technical tools. Apply broad knowledge of the Client’s services, products, and marketing techniques to develop opportunities and close sales.
- Coordinate selling team efforts by managing the sales process and coordinating appropriate subject matter experts as required to present a tailored Client solution to the client. Must be able to coordinate a selling team and leverage various skill sets to effectively develop and present the best possible solution for the client.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
- Approximately 25 – 50% of travel is required.
- Participate in other projects or duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate knowledge of systems and databases.
- Intermediate knowledge of Web Services, Java, and XML technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of tax engine software or other tax compliance software.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, negotiating, closing, decision making, presentation, oral and written communications skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and a proactive thinker. Must be an effective communicator and presenter at an Executive level both externally and internally.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; proven problem-solving skills; understanding solutions, vision, and direction of Client initiatives and presenting the value associated with such.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation, and facilitation) skills. (Determine if the role requires presentation and facilitation skills.)
- Must possess and exhibit emotional stability and maturity in the face of stressful situations.
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be results-oriented, customer-focused, and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- English fluency is required. May require fluency in the language of the local market(s).
- Sufficient knowledge of business communications, including telephone, voicemail, and e-mail, and operations of office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, and fax.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Tax, or related field preferred.
- Four (4) years plus of experience in Outside sales selling tax or finance solutions & Relationship development and business development.
- Experience selling consulting services required.
- Professional qualification in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Functional experience in or knowledge of major ERP packages (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft) required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- The Winning Way behaviors that all Client employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our customers, and our partners.
- Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
- Act with Urgency – Adopt an agile mentality – frequent iterations, improved speed, resilience. 80/20 rule – better is the enemy of done. Don’t spend hours when minutes are enough.
- Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh the effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
- Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments, and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.