Strategic Account Manager, Tax Software
Compensation: Base $150 (OTE $200K)
This position is responsible for being a subject-matter expert in understanding the market landscape, strategies and competitive positions of the accounts assigned to him/her. This position will work with a targeted list of our largest and most strategic customers and is accountable for ensuring these customers successfully adopt and realize value from all the products, and Services, in both On Premise and/or cloud environments. This individual will develop and execute strategies and tactics to enable customers to achieve the business outcomes they planned to receive from the products, and with this foundation, identify opportunities for the customer to further leverage our products and services across all of their lines of business and entire environment. The SAM will collaborate, leverage and coordinate activities across the entire internal ecosystems of our Client’s resources within Customer Success, Sales, Product, Marketing, and other internal teams as appropriate. The SAM will build broad relationships, especially at the VP and CxO level, intended to increase engagement and relevance in the customer’s business transformation and strategic decisions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increases profitability and lifetime customer value by coordinating all components of the customer lifecycle – strategy, go-to-market, implementation, and post-sales service experience for this customer group
- Leads account strategic planning internally (across) and externally (get customers’ POV)
- Ensures coordinated market and sales strategy; engages where appropriate to accelerate pursuits
- Reaches into the organization to find innovation / co-development opportunities with customers
- Ensures that implementation teams and post-sales/customers success teams provide consistent customer experience
- Provides end-to-end view of accounts’ health and potential
- Is the voice of the industry/ customer group in executive council-level discussions
- Establishes customer and market priorities to execute a strategic course of action
Partners with internal resources to drive additional value and expertise.
Generates pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
Sells on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
Builds credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
Uncovers business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
Builds account strategy and territory plan by account tiering
Creates demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Possesses a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Manages ’s relationship with their customers across several identified industries
- Positions as a trusted business advisor, engaging customers in discussions focused on delivering business outcomes by addressing their indirect tax needs
- Measures success across value (profitability, current + potential), engagement (engagement index), innovation (# of projects underway), and loyalty
- Participate in other projects or duties.
Education and Training:
BA or BS degree required and/or sufficient prior experience.
Ten (10) plus years of experience in a similar role.
Experience selling consulting services required.
Functional experience in or knowledge of major ERP packages (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft) required.
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.