Strategic Account Manager
Compensation: OTE $120K
Reports to: Director, National B2B Sales
For the past 50 years, our client (Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and “Best Places to Work in Canada”) has been providing home and business HVAC products & services to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Each day, 2,400 Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, prioritizing health & safety, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
They are passionate about their team members’ growth and success. They proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement, and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry.
About the job
Strategic Account Manager is responsible for growing Client’s direct and enterprise sales through new account customer acquisition, leading the successful implementation of those new account customer agreements and increasing penetration of the Client’s existing account customer base.
This role focuses exclusively on commercial customer targets (B2B Sales).
• Exceeds assigned growth targets and performance KPI’s for all lines of business.
• Prospects for net new account opportunities daily. Responsible for adding and growing their sales pipeline consistently.
• Develops, proposes and closes winning account sales strategies to generate new account and enterprise account customer acquisitions and more deeply penetrate existing accounts share of wallet.
• Is the primary contact for all direct commercial (B2B) customers assigned to their portfolio.
• Actively utilizes the CRM software to record sales pipeline and activity metrics to maximize performance outcomes.
• Analyzes the competitive landscape and leverages knowledge to improve winning account sales strategy.
• Provides regular reporting and updates on their sales pipeline progress to be leveraged in forecasting and large deal implementation planning.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with Client’s stakeholders to prepare winning account strategies that align with organizational goals, guidelines, and objectives.
• Works cross-functionally with Client’s stakeholders to facilitate efficient implementation of new account agreements and/or new opportunities secured through assigned existing customer portfolios.
• Participates in industry and customer-related events/tradeshows to network, target new prospects, identify market trends and needs relevant to assigned customers.
• Provides exceptional service to all new and existing customers.
• Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of Client’s value proposition, including products and services offered and the value they create
• Minimum 5+ years of direct selling consultative sales experience within a business-to-business environment.
• 2+ years of successful enterprise C-suite level sales experience – Account Management and New Customer Acquisition.
• Comfort and experience in building and executing on a prospecting strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree, college diploma, and or experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge customers with insights that disrupt and improve their traditional business practices, leading to new partnerships opportunities.
• Experience leading the implementation of new large enterprise customer agreements – products and services.
• Proven track record of success exceeding sales quotas and sales metrics.
• Results-driven individual who takes initiative and accountability to continuously improve business outcomes.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence without authority.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic critical thinker and problem-solver who demonstrates agility in the face of change